Scholarship and financial grants (service grants, discounts) are privileges granted by USL. They are not rights to be claimed.
The school adheres to the policy of extending available scholarships to the greatest number of deserving students, and not to accumulate different grants on one person. Scholarship grants, whether extended by this college or solicited from outside agencies, are not cumulative. A student can be a recipient of only one scholarship/grant available in the college during the term.
It is the responsibility of the student to respect always the intention of the donors of the scholarship/grant.
Entrance scholarships are granted to high school valedictorians and salutatorians during their first semester of study in the college. Such scholarships are good for one semester only.
- Valedictorian-100% tuitional discount
- Salutatorian-75% tuitional discount
- First – Third Honorable Mention-50% tuitional discount
- Fourth – Eight Honorable Mention
- 30% tuitional discount
- upon presentation of certificate from Principal, report card and graduation program- if graduating among a group at least 50 students
Academic scholarships are granted to students who are outstanding in academic achievements and aptitudes. The selection of the recipients is based on the criteria set forth by the Committee on Scholarships and approved by the Administration.
Qualified students are those who are non-holders of another scholarship grant, carrying a load of at least 18 academic units and had not dropped any subject during the previous semester, had no failing grade in non-academic subjects and commendable for class attendance, participation, general conduct, leadership and social acceptability.
- A full-tuitional scholarship is granted to a qualified student who during the previous semester obtained an academic weighted average of at least 92% with no grade lower than 85%
- A half tuitional scholarship is granted to a qualified student who, during the previous semester, obtained an academic weighted average of at least 90% with no grade lower than 85%
Special grants obtained from donors or from special funds may be available to students on the basis of specified criteria. These are usually given to deserving but needy students.
USLT-CICM Special Scholarship
This is intended for poor and deserving students.
USLT-CICM Education Scholaship
All High School graduates with a minimum average of 85% and who passes the USLT Placement Exams and the Scholarship Qualifying Test will get a Full Tuitional Discount if they enroll in the BSEd or BEEd Programs.
Government- and Privately-Sponsored Grants
The University of Saint Louis honors scholarships sponsored by the Government, which includes the following:
- Department of Science and Technology (DOST)
- National Integration Study Grant Program (NISGP)
- Selected Ethnic Group Educational Assistance Program (SEGEAP)
- State Scholarship Program (SSP)
- Private Education Student Financial Assistance (PESFA)
- Student Financial Assistance Program (STUFAP)
- Study-Now-Pay-Later (SNPL) Program
- Philippine Veterans Affairs Office (PVAO) – School-Assisted Government Grant
- P.D. 577 – Educational Privilege of the Armed Forces of the Philippines
- Cagayan Technical Eduaction Scholarship Grant
- Tuguegarao City Government Scholarship
Service grants are given to students who serve the University of Saint Louis as working students.
All discounts have to be applied for by the students at the Accounting Office upon registration. (After the registration period, applications will no longer be entertained).
Discounts apply only for the regular semesters, not for summer. Application must be renewed at the beginning of each semester.
No discount will be given to students with old, unpaid accounts. Students who fail to pay their account in full within the semester lose their discount privilege.
Discounts are not cumulative with other grants or discounts. In case the students could qualify for more than one grant or discount, the highest grant or discount shall apply.
Brother-sister Discounts.Brother and sister (of legal wedlock) who carry a full load (minimum of 18 units) are granted 10% discount on tuition fees provided they have passed all subjects of the preceding term. Repeated subjects are not discounted. Brothers and sisters not carrying a full load do not enjoy a discount.
Children of full time faculty members and employees with at least one year of service in USL enjoy 50% discount on tuition fees, provided they have passed all subjects during the preceding term; those of full time employees with at least three years of service enjoy full tuitional discount under the same condition; those of employees with at least ten years of full-time and unbroken service enjoy full discount on tuition and miscellaneous fees (except incidental fees like I.D.; test paper; SSC; organization fees) under the same condition. Furthermore, the beneficiaries should be full-time students with a minimum load of 18 units during the regular semester and 7 units during summer. Exception is made for students whose regular load is required of the course is less than eighteen (18) units and for graduating students who have completed all other requirements.
First and Second Honors of Grade 10 completers are granted 100% and 50% tuitional scholarship respectively for one school year, provided the number of Grade 10 completers in their class was at least fifty (50) and that they have passed the USL-SHS placement examination.
These scholarships are granted to students with the highest general grade average per strand at the end of the school year.
- full tuitional scholarship is awarded to the first honors for the next school year. Tie in rank can be considered.
- half tuitional scholarship is awarded to the second honors for the next school year. Tie in rank can be considered.
- Brothers and Sisters Tuition Discount: Brothers and/or Sisters (of legal marriage) are each granted a 10% discount on tuition fee, excluding the miscellaneous fees.
- Children/ Wards of USL Academic and Non-academic Personnel as provided in the Administrative and Employment Manual.
- Scholarships for Athletes: Any athlete who participated in PALARONG PAMBANSA will be given a 10% discount on tuition fees. Graduating students who qualify for the discount shall be allowed to avail of the benefits by way of refund.
- SHS Voucher Program: Public School Grade 10 completers and Private School Grade 10 completers who are Education Service Contracting (ESC) grantees are automatically qualified voucher recipients based on DepEd Order No. 11, s. 2015
- Grade 10 Completers from Public Schools will receive 100% of the voucher amount
- Grade 10 Completers from Private ESC accredited schools will receive 80% of the voucher amount
- The Socialized Assistance Program (SAP) grant is a financial assistance awarded to poor but deserving students enrolled in the University. The assistance ranges from 30% to a maximum of 100% tuition fee except miscellaneous and student fees.
GUIDELINES FOR THE SOCIALIZED ASSISTANCE PROGRAM
The following are the rules and regulations of the SAP Committee. Violation of any of the provisions is subject for deliberation.
- To secure and fill out APPLICATION FORM and attach the needed requirements as well as forward a personal application letter addressed to the University President and to be submitted to the Junior High School Guidance Office.
- A SAP Grantee should meet the following qualifications:
- Satisfactory academic grades (general average of at least 80% without failing grade)
- Satisfactory conduct grade (average of at least 80%)
- A student who belongs to an indigent family (annual income is below Php100, 000.00);
- That a SAP scholar who stops schooling/from the scholarship program within the school year shall pay all his/her full tuition fee and miscellaneous fees of the said school year.
- This USL-SAP Scholarship grant is good for one school year. The applicant must apply annually. The signing of MOA is done in an annual basis depending on status of compliance of requirement as stipulated above.
- Brothers and Sisters Tuition Discount
Brothers and/or Sisters (of legal marriage) are each granted a 10% discount on tuition fee, excluding the miscellaneous fees.
- Children/Wards of USL Academic and Non-academic Personnel:
USL Academic and Non-academic Personnel as provided in the Administrative and Employment Manual.
a. Married Personnel Dependent’s Study Grants Biological children of permanent full-time personnel enjoy educational assistance with the following scheme: For children in High School and College only: Personnel’s Years of Service in USL Percentage discount on School Fees With at least three to ten years of full-time service 100% discount on tuition fees provided child/children have passed all subjects With more than ten years of full-time service 100% discount on all school fees provided child/children have passed all subjects b. Unmarried Personnel Dependent’s Study Grants Full-time, permanent single and unmarried academic or non-academic personnel who have served USL for at least Ten (10) continuous years shall enjoy full scholarship privilege for one ward according to the following scheme: With 10 years of continuous service, one (1) ward scholar for the entire ten years and another ward scholar every ten years thereafter.
- Scholarships For Athletes: Any athlete who qualify and participated in CAVRAA or PALARO will be given a 25 % and 50 % discount on tuition fees respectively in the school year when the student joined the competition. Grade 10 completer who qualify for the discount shall be allowed to avail of the benefits by way of refund.