The University of Saint Louis Junior High School welcomes all students who can meet its admission requirements.
University of Saint Louis Junior High School refuses admission, readmission or enrollment of a person for such reasons as:
- He/She is an elementary school graduate.
- He/She passes the entrance examination and other academic requirements.
- He/She can fully subscribe to the objectives, policies and Catholic orientation of the school.
- He/She follows/respects the religious instructions and activities in the school.
- He/She is willing to participate/attend in all religious activities that are required of the students regardless of religious affiliation.
- He/She is willing to participate/attend in all school activities.
- He/She must be single and of corresponding age to his/her level (for Grade 7, not more than 15, for Grade 8, not more than 16, for Grade 9, not more than 17, for Grade 10, not more than 18).
- He/She is of good moral behavior.
The school reserves the right at any time to refuse admission of students under certain conditions stated above and stated in the succeeding provisions of this handbook.
- Limited facilities of the school,
- Applicant’s poor academic qualification or performance,
- Applicant’s lack of moral or behavioral fitness,
- Applicant’s involvement in any pre-marital or marital relationship,
- Applicant’s views and practices contrary to the Catholic orientation of the school, and
- Applicant’s lack of ecumenical bond with the Catholic Church.
- Applicant’s parents’ deliberate or advertent lack of cooperation and collaboration with the school.
- Applicant and with his/her parent non-attendance to required Growth Session.
- Entrance Examination
Applicants must submit the following during the scheduled dates:
- Photocopy of Form 138 marked eligible for admission to High School with an average of 80% and above.
- Two (2) copies of most recent close-up 2 x 2 ID picture with white background and name tag, proper attire and proper hair cut (male).
- Must pay the testing Fee (non-refundable) at the Accounting Office.
- Clear photocopy of NSO.
- Must have passed the entrance examination
- Must submit the following:
- confirmation of entrance exam
- original copy of Form 138
- certified true photocopy of Certificate of Live Birth from NSO
- 1 copy of most recent close-up 2 x 2 ID picture with white background and name tag, proper attire and proper haircut (male)/ proper hairstyle female)
- Children of USL employees and graduates of our Elementary Department are given priority for admission except if their test results are too low. However, failure to meet all academic requirements at the end of Grade 7 will mean non-readmission for the next school year.
NOTE: Failure to enroll on the scheduled dates will mean the forfeiture of the slot.
- For Late Enrollees. A late enrollee is a student who enrolls after the scheduled date of enrolment and such student shall pay a charge of P 200.00 at the Accounting Office.
- A student who discontinued his studies and who did not obtain honorable dismissal, or its equivalent or certificate of transfer, or transcript of records (Form 137-A) from the school shall be admitted if he meets the following requirements:
- submission of original copy of report card (Form 138) for the preceding school year, marked eligible for admission to the curriculum year in which the student is supposed to enroll, duly signed by the Principal, not previously marked by any other institution.
- copy of most recent close-up 2 x 2 ID picture with white background and name tag
- medical certificate of fitness to study if leave is due to health condition
- sworn affidavit for his/her reason of leave of school
Only a transferee for Grade 8 and Grade 9 will be accepted, provided he has fulfilled the following requirements:
NOTE: Requirements for entrance exam and enrollment is the same with Grade 7 students except for the general average.
- general average must not be lower than 85% with no failures;
- subjects required are complete and passed as per DepEd requirement
- has not attended more than one school prior to transfer to USL-HS
- has the normal age for the grade level where student is seeking enrollment,
- passed the entrance exam for transferees
- parent or authorized guardian has been interviewed by the Principal and has presented a letter stating the reasons for the transfer of the child.
- passed a certificate of good moral character
All elementary graduates who come from any recognized elementary school in the Philippines and who have not attended any high school prior to their application for admission to the USL must meet the following requirements above.
Withdrawal and Refund of School Fees
- Any student desiring to discontinue his studies during the school year must notify the Principal and must undergo an exit interview with the Guidance Counselors. The petition to drop shall be effective on the date of approval of the petition to withdraw enrolment by the Principal.
- A student dropping from the school after enrollment shall be charged for his fees in accordance with the Manual of Regulations for Private Schools, Article XIII, Section 66. “When a student registers in a school, it is understood he is enrolling for the whole school year. A student who withdraws in writing may be charged 10% of the total amount due if he withdraws within the first week of classes, or 20% if within the second week of classes regardless of whether or not he has actually attended classes. The student may be charged all the fees in full if he withdraws any time after the second week of classes. However, if the withdrawal is due to justifiable reason (i.e. serious illness) he should be charged the pertinent fees only up to the last month of attendance.”
- The down payment of incoming Grade 7 students who drop from the school after enrollment shall be deemed non-refundable.